Powered By Blogger

April 20, 2014

The Big 4-0

     Today marked my 40th birthday. Yup you read it right my dear blog readers, I am 40 years old today. It has been a while since my birthday fell on a Holy Week thus Easter Sunday. Today, I celebrated my natal day by just staying at home with my girls. It is the second year that I celebrated my birthday minus my hubby who is at another country working. I just had a quiet time with my girls. Had a simple lunch with them. To be honest, I am scared but looking forward to being 40.

     Scared because health wise, I am kinda "heavy" which makes me prone to more asthma attack. I have been telling myself that I have to exercise and all but I always keep it off. Call it being lazy and all, I guess I have to agree with you. I have my reasons but then again, as I look at my pictures, and see that I am kinda "heavy" this makes me want to lose weight. Since I can't afford to go to a gym, the exercise I could think of that is "free" is running, and that I am going to do.
Since I have a good pair of
running shoes, for sure
"we" will have our dates soon.

     Turning 40 makes me "feel" old. Hahaha! Is there someone out there who doesn't feel the same way? And to be honest among my girls, my youngest is more "scared" of me getting old. She doesn't like me daw to be old.She said, MOM DON'T DIE HA KASI YOU'RE GETTING OLD NA. What the?! Hahaha! But then again, aside from all my "fears" of turning 40, there are far more I am thankful for as I turn another year older.

     I am thankful for my girls. They are my strengths. They are the ones who makes me happy, makes me who I am today. I have 2 teenagers, Arielle and Joie. Sometimes, they give me "headache" but at the end of the day, we talk things and at the end of the day, we make sure that things are a-okay between the three of us. It is difficult to balance things out with them. It is a give and take between the three of us. I listen to them and they listen to me. I may nag all the time but they know all what I saying and doing are for their own good.
my 2 older girls
Joie (with cap) and Arielle

     And there is my youngest, Amaya. The one who usually gives HB (high blood, not literally... hahaha!) probably because of her way of thinking, the way she talks and the way she gives her point(s) every time we do our review time and during simple conversations. Amaya literally brings JOY and HAPPINESS to me and my 2 older girls.

As my friends tell me,
she is my
"mini-me"

     This year, I am so thankful for new friends I met, either online thru blogging and people I met cause my friends introduced me to them. Online, I consider the bloggers I really look up to as my friends cause they encourage me to continue doing what I am doing right now. I really wanted to meet Martine de Luna of Make It Blissful. I never fail to read any of her posts, it inspires me to become the "best" in my blog. One of the other blogger I really follow and read is the blog of Toni Tiu, Wifely Steps. I really wanted to meet them, big time.

     I am thankful as well to Francis, for being there for me no matter what happens, despite and inspite of. He is my ROCK and the WIND BENEATH MY WINGS (naks!) He is my partner in raising my girls. He is trying his luck in working overseas for the future of the girls. I have seen how hardworking he is. I have seen the LOVE, PATIENCE, AND UNDERSTANDING he is giving my daughters. I have seen the LOVE and PATIENCE he have shown me as well. And for that I am thankful that he is part of my 40 years here in earth.

This photo was taken
2 years ago, it
is the only photo I could post
that I find it "formal"
(hahaha!)
     I am thankful for my immediate family, my mom and brothers who never fails to make me laugh. They are the ones I could count on, no matter what happens. No judgement just LOVE....

my mom and brothers
with my niece Ela (in red shirt)


     So what do I look forward to being 40? Mmmm.... Simple, good health (which is far more important) for me and my family. More books to read (hahaha! and to think I still have other books that I haven't started reading). Hoping one day my blog will be known like the other blogs I follow. To see my girls take one step at a time and enjoy life to the fullest. And I have to make my own bucket list, so that there is something I could look forward to. 

And yes I am 40 years old
(sorry for the picture. )

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading my blog. kindly leave your comment/message to this blog and I will answer it as soon as possible.