Powered By Blogger

March 17, 2014

What's with Books?



     Since part of the name of my blog, aside from being a mom and wife is that I am a self-confessed bookworm. It is a term meaning a person devoted to reading and I could say that I am that. So I will try my very best to share with you books that I have read last 2013 and for this year too.  

     So what's with books? This is one question I believe that is quite difficult to answer unless you're a bookworm like me. 2 years ago and until last year I bought a lot of books, or better yet HOARDED (I guess this is more appropriate term) A LOT.  All the books I hoarded are well-kept already in 2 plastic containers (1 extra large & 1 medium). since there is no space yet for a bookshelf in the house, my "babies" - yes I call them that - are safe in their respective containers. So far I have 80+ books and counting. Have I read them all? I could safely say 1/2 of those I have. 


my books (blue container is the
extra large one and the other is the
medium one) 

     Lately a lot of gadgets like kindle have been available in the market so that it would be easier for one to read. You don't have any bulky book to hold, you don't need bookmarks, you don't need to "ear-marked" your book. No additional heavy book in your bag. With kindle (and other similar gadgets) one could easily download or buy E-books and read it right away.

     But pardon me, because I AM NOT A FAN of such. To those who loves and appreciates these kinds of gadgets, good for you. There is something in books that I can't explain. From the time I bought it, remove the plastic, to turning of the page(s), and the smell of a newly bought book. hahaha!  I don't mind holding a bulky book. I don't care about that "extra weight" in my bag as long as I have a book in my hand, I am a HAPPY ME. As they say, to each his own.

     How about you, what about books that you love or don't love at all? Share your thoughts....

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading my blog. kindly leave your comment/message to this blog and I will answer it as soon as possible.